Monday, May 30, 2011

What is Fraud?

Hi - welcome to my blog.  My name is Gene Tausk.  I am an attorney-at-law in Houston, Texas and a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).  My firm is Tausk & Vega (www.tauskvega.com).  I hope you find this blog informative and useful.

    We are here to examine fraud, fraud crime, white collar crime and all related economic crime activity.  It is a large topic and I doubt we will run out of topics anytime soon.

   Let's start off with a definition of "fraud."  The basic definition is:  "a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent. The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation. Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud, but there have also been fraudulent "discoveries", e.g. in science, to gain prestige rather than immediate monetary gain."


   Thank you Wikipedia!  A lengthy definition, but a good starting point.  We will examine this in detail in future posts.  Please feel free to post any comments or send me an email at: gene@tauskvega.com.


   Thank you for reading and have a fraud-free day.


--------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gene tausk

No comments:

Post a Comment