Friday, March 9, 2012

Benny Hinn Forever!

I have been running this blog now for close to a year, and as I said at the beginning of writing this blog, it is unlikely that we will run out of topic anytime soon.  However, the world of fraud is big indeed and covers many topics and subtopics.  At some point, we have to examine the concept of fraud in religion and religious issues.

     Let me be clear about one thing before we begin this discusion: I am not here to discuss religion in one way or another.  I don't care about the religious beliefs or lack of them in the readers of this blog (and I don't expect others to care about my beliefs, one way or another).  This is not a religious blog and never will be (at least, not while I am running it).  We are not here to discuss religious or supernatural issues.

     But, it is also clear that religion is a business (even if it is a tax-exempt one in the U.S.) and businesses bring in money.  And, when money enters into the equation, there is always the possibility of fraud.  So, it should not surprise us that some religious individuals and leaders have engaged in fraudulent activities using religion as a cover.  In fact, it is pretty much inevitable.

     So, with that disclaimer, let's talk about one of the most controversial figures in the Pentecostal movement who has attracted his share of criticism and scrutiny because of accusations of fraud - Benny Hinn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment