Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don't Talk 8

It's amazing the criticism I get sometimes when I make posts like the ones in this thread.  I am not going to repost the emails in question, but suffice it to say that I know how it feels to be called "unpatriotic" or that I support Islamic terrorists who want to destroy the U.S. because I am reprinting the basic laws of criminal procedure of the U.S. - the accused has the right to remain silent AND SHOULD DO SO until speaking with a competent criminal-defense attorney.

      In the words of my daughter, whatever.

     I respond with my usual answer:

1.  Any decent criminal-defense attorney will always give this advice;

2.  The right to remain silent is the core of American criminal procedure.  This is not some cutting-edge legal theory but rather the core of our legal system;

3.  People are in jail because they spoke to law-enforcement before speaking with a criminal-defense attorney;

4.  I am not some anti-government nut.  I worked for several years at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow with a Top Secret Clearance.  I love my country, and our legal system, more than I can say.


NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE.  IF THE READER HAS ANY LEGAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE REFER TO AN ATTORNEY.

                                             


 

----------à>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gene tausk

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment