Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Carl Sagan on fraud III

    There are many reasons why someone who is caught up in a long-term fraud scheme may be reluctant to take a step back, listen to advice and not continue with the scheme.  As I stated in an earlier post, I am not a mental-health professional and it is not the purpose of this blog to analyze people.  However, sometimes when I do have to confront victims of scams, especially those who have been victimized over a long period of time, I do have to take note of the fact that they may not be receptive to what I have to say.  In fact, they can be downright hostile.  Sometimes it seems that I am the bad guy for even daring to suggest that they are the victim of fraud.

    It is sad and depressing to have to deal with these situations.  I can sometimes feel the frustration and anger of family members or close friends that are trying to help such victims get out of the scams.  But reading Dr. Sagan's quote reminded me again that there are very human frailties which play a role in people being the victim of scams.  The desire to "get rich quick" is only one aspect of human behavior which controls or plays a role in becoming a victim. 

   Dr. Sagan's quote serves to warn us that once we go down a dark hole, sometimes it seems that there is no escape.


NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE.  IF THE READER HAS ANY LEGAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE REFER TO AN ATTORNEY.

                                             


 

----------à>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gene tausk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment