Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Personal Encounters III

So - my passport was stolen and I went to the American Consulate to get a new passport.

     There is another factor in the necessity to get a new passport as soon as possible and to report your passport stolen.  To put it bluntly, it protects you.

    Once a person discovers that a crime has been committed, in this case that a passport was stolen, by quickly reporting it I have cut off all personal responsibility for the matter.  If I take the affirmative steps to report the passport stolen, and if the passport is used (or attempted to be used) in the future, I have done my part to protect myself.  Likewise, if I do not report it stolen as soon as I discover that it was stolen, I am setting myself up for possible problems.

   More on this later.


NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE.  IF THE READER HAS ANY LEGAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE REFER TO AN ATTORNEY.

Have a great and fraud-free day.


----------à>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gene tausk

No comments:

Post a Comment