Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gene's 3 Rules Regarding Fraud

OK - let's get back to the chessboard analogy.

Remember - if someone promises an investment that doubles in value every month, the logical question to ask is - when will the investment simply consume all the money in the world? 

If I invest $10,000 in an investment that promises a fantastic rate of return, then for how long can this rate of return continue?  Suppose, for example, I am told that I can double my money in one year.  So - within 12 months, I now have $20,000.  I leave the money in the account.  The next year, I have $40,000.  Year 3 I have $80,000.  Year 4 $160,000.  Year 5 $320,000.  Year 6 - $640,000.  Year 7 - $1,280,000.

So, an investment of $10,000 within 7 years is now worth more than a million.  Quite an impressive rate of return. 

Quite better than stocks, which historically have brought an average rate of return of about 10% per year.  So, an average stock return will bring me $1000 after my one year of investment, while a "fantastic" investment will bring me $10,000.

You can start to see the problems we face here.


NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE.  IF THE READER HAS ANY LEGAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE REFER TO AN ATTORNEY.

 

Have a great and fraud-free day.

 


 

----------à>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gene tausk

No comments:

Post a Comment