Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gene's 3 Rules Regarding Fraud

OK - it's been a busy few weeks in the world of fraud so we are going to move on and for the next few days just post some news stories about white-collar criminals (and, as usual, there are no shortage of those).

So, as a recap -  the three rules of fraud are the basic analysis I use whenever I am asked to review a fraud situation or am presented with an "investment opportunity of a lifetime."  They have always served me well.  These are not the end-all-to-be-all of fraud examination, but as I said, they work well for me and I feel kind of honored as being in the same place (sort of) as Sir Isaac Newton, Sir Arthur C. Clarke and Larry Niven.

And, for those who ask: Larry Niven and Sir Arthur C. Clarke are and were great science-fiction writers.

If you don't know about Sir Isaac Newton, sue your high school teachers.

RULES:

1. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
2.  If you can't explain to me in two minutes or less the investment or money making idea, I'm not interested
3. Remember the parable of the chessboard.


NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE.  IF THE READER HAS ANY LEGAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE REFER TO AN ATTORNEY.

 

Have a great and fraud-free day.

 


 

----------à>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gene tausk

No comments:

Post a Comment