Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gene's Three Rules regarding Fraud

I mentioned sometime in an earlier post that since this is my blog, I can pretty well post what I please.  I am going to take advantage of this lack of editorial control to spend some time examining what I call Gene's Three Rules of Fraud.

Why three rules?  Well, three rules (or laws) were good enough for Sir Isaac Newton, Sir Arthur C. Clarke and Larry Niven, so I guess they are good enough for me. 

So, without further introduction:
 
RULE 1:  If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
 
No major points for originality there, but when it comes to fraud schemes, this is always worth remembering.  If someone is promising a 10% annual rate of return when the average is 2% as an investment, the would-be investor should be paying attention and Rule 1 should always be in the back of the investor's mind. 
 
NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE.  IF THE READER HAS ANY LEGAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE REFER TO AN ATTORNEY.
 
Have a great and fraud-free day.
 
 
----------à>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gene tausk

No comments:

Post a Comment