Thursday, February 27, 2014

Should you go to law school? 17

OK - we are close to wrapping this up.

     Over these series of posts I have tried to demonstrate to anyone thinking of going to law school the following:

1.    Becoming a lawyer requires a lot of work
2.    Being a lawyer requires a lot of work
3.    It is not something you should decide to do because "I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life - might as well go to law school" or "what the hell, I'll take the LSAT for fun"
4.     Being a lawyer will change you and the way you think
5.     Law schools and TV shows lie to you about the reality of being a lawyer

and

5.      If you do it right, law can be an incredibly rewarding career

     I guess the overall theme of this thread is something you learn to do as a lawyer - think before you act and analyze the situation.

     I will close this thread out tomorrow with the general advice I give to everyone thinking about becoming a lawyer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment